We think about our footprint in everything we do!
- We create durable, high quality, and repairable products to prevent landfilling.
- We only use vegetable-tanned leather as our main material, not chrome/mercury tanned, which not only provides the structural rigidity that only high-quality leather can provide, but is better for our waterways.
- All of our leather is sourced from a tannery that is exclusively tanned in the USA, following more stringent US environmental laws.
- Hardware is sourced wherever possible from made-in-the-USA suppliers.
- Wherever it is an option, we choose FSC-certified wood.
- In all of our operations sourcing, we look for materials in the following priority order: upcycled/reused, recycled or otherwise certified sustainable, no single-use plastics, low product miles, and last, new materials.
- We re-use our own waste materials wherever possible in our operations, including refilled ink cartridges and upcycled packaging and shipping materials.
We are members and customers of our local re-use charity,SCRAP PDX, where we buy many of our upcycled materials and office supplies.
We create products, like theHeadphone Organizer, using our own scrap materials.
- Whatever scrap materials we can't use, we donate to our chosen charity, Help Heal Vets, to create craft therapy kits for veterans.
- We design our retail packaging with an eye towards biodegradability and reusability, to prevent landfilling.
- Where re-use is not an option, we opt for maximum recycled content (such as using 100% recycled paper for printing our packing slips).
We encourage and reward alternative transportation, including bicycling to work and for errands, and supporting fellow bicycle-based businesses.
- We recycle and compost food waste in our break room.
Questions about our sustainability practices and policies? Shoot us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org