We think about our footprint in everything we do! Read more in our blog post.
- Our website, hosted by Shopify, is operated at carbon-neutral data centers powered by 100% renewable energy.
- We offset the carbon impact of all of our orders and shipments as partners in Shopify's Offset program.
- We create durable, high quality, and repairable products to prevent landfilling - and we sell replacement parts!
- We only use full grain vegetable-tanned leather as our main material, not chrome/mercury tanned, which not only provides the structural rigidity that only high-quality leather can provide, but is better for our waterways. This kind of leather is the most sustainable leather available. (What is sustainable leather?)
- All of our leather is sourced from a fourth-generation American tannery. It is exclusively tanned in the USA using old-fashioned methods and in accordance more stringent environmental laws.
- Hardware is sourced wherever possible from made-in-the-USA suppliers and low supply miles.
- Wherever it is an option, we choose FSC-certified wood.
- We enacted a robust program to eliminate single-use plastics.
- In all of our operations sourcing, we look for materials in the following priority order: upcycled/reused, recycled content or otherwise certified sustainable, no single-use plastics, biodegradability, low product miles, and last, new materials.
- We re-use our own waste materials wherever possible in our operations, including refilled ink cartridges and upcycled packaging and shipping materials.
We are customers of our local re-use charity,SCRAP PDX, where we buy many of our upcycled materials and office supplies.
We create up-cycled products, like theHeadphone Organizer, using our own scrap materials.
- We donate our high quality leather remnants to our chosen charity, Help Heal Vets, who uses them to create craft therapy kits for veterans.
- We design our retail packaging with an eye towards biodegradability and reusability, to prevent landfilling.
We support fellow bicycle-based businesses.
- We recycle in our operations and compost food waste in our break room.
- Our onsite electricity is powered by our local rural co-op's Green Power Program.
Questions about our sustainability practices and policies? Shoot us an email here: firstname.lastname@example.org