We think about our footprint in everything we do!
- We create durable, high quality, and repairable products to prevent landfilling.
- We only use full grain vegetable-tanned leather as our main material, not chrome/mercury tanned, which not only provides the structural rigidity that only high-quality leather can provide, but is better for our waterways.
- All of our leather is sourced from a fourth-generation American tannery. It is exclusively tanned in the USA using old-fashioned methods and in accordance more stringent environmental laws.
- Our kind of leather is the most sustainable leather available. (Read more on our blog: What is sustainable leather?)
- Hardware is sourced wherever possible from made-in-the-USA suppliers and low supply miles.
- Wherever it is an option, we choose FSC-certified wood.
- In all of our operations sourcing, we look for materials in the following priority order: upcycled/reused, recycled content or otherwise certified sustainable, no single-use plastics, biodegradability, low product miles, and last, new materials.
- We re-use our own waste materials wherever possible in our operations, including refilled ink cartridges and upcycled packaging and shipping materials.
We are members and customers of our local re-use charity,SCRAP PDX, where we buy many of our upcycled materials and office supplies.
We create up-cycled products, like theHeadphone Organizer, using our own scrap materials.
- We donate our high quality leather remnants to our chosen charity, Help Heal Vets, who uses them to create craft therapy kits for veterans.
- We design our retail packaging with an eye towards biodegradability and reusability, to prevent landfilling.
We encourage and reward alternative transportation, including bicycling to work and for errands, and supporting fellow bicycle-based businesses.
- We recycle in our operations and compost food waste in our break room.
Questions about our sustainability practices and policies? Shoot us an email here: email@example.com