Inspired by the pocket games soldiers carried in WWII, our handcrafted Travel Cribbage Board is one of the smallest folding cribbage boards on the market.
Smaller than a deck of cards and made to fit in your bike bag, backpack, or pocket, the 60-point laser-engraved birchwood board comes complete with 4 pegs for 2 players, which are stored safely inside the inset brass tube with a premium-grade cork plug. The dark brown leather is secured with an antique brass closure. Includes a handy minibook with rules of play.
Crafted in our Oregon workshop from fine hand-dyed vegetable-tanned American leather, we can also monogram the Travel Cribbage Board for a personalized, statement-making piece.
Inspired by the pocket games soldiers carried in WWII, our line of uniquely designed travel games are small enough to be portable and lightweight but large enough to be legible and substantial in the hand. All of our travel games are created and handcrafted by Geoffrey Franklin in our Oregon workshop.
- Crafted "wire" pegs are the most lightweight, shaped to a fine point, and are perfect for travelers on the go because you can replace them with 14 gauge solid copper wire at any hardware store in the world. Wire pegs come in red and black solid copper.
- Solid metal "cast" cribbage pegs are CNC milled in America. Upgrade to the "cast" pegs for slightly more weight but a wonderful hand feel. "Cast" metal pegs come in black and brass. (Learn more about the differences in metal fabrication in our blog post, Metal Fabrication 101: Casting vs Forging vs CNC Milling.)
GIFT SET OPTIONS:
- Choose "Board Only" for just the Travel Cribbage Board.
- The standard "Gift Set" is the perfect size for keeping cards and board organized. It includes:
-- 4" x 6" muslin carrying pouch with double-drawstring, decorated with artwork by illustrator Carla Bartow
-- Deck of American-made, recycled-content BICYCLE® Eco Edition playing cards by the US Playing Card Company
-- Dimensions when assembled: 5" x 3.5" x 1.5" (12x8x4cm) and 4.8 oz (137g)
- For ounce-counters and super lightweight travelers and backpackers, our "Ultralight Gift Set" is 38% lighter and smaller in size. It includes:
-- 3.25" x 5" muslin carrying pouch with double-drawstring, decorated with artwork by illustrator Carla Bartow
-- Deck of custom half-size linen Travel Playing Cards with the Jim Golden art print
-- Dimensions when assembled: 4" x 2.5" x 1.5" (11x6x4cm) and 3.0 oz (87g)
MONOGRAMMING:Yes! The leather can be monogrammed with up to 4 characters using our 1/4" brass alphabet set. Monogramming can add to the turnaround time. Monogram placement is shown in the last photo. Learn more about monogramming.
SPARE PARTS: Available in our Parts section:
- Replacement peg sets: pegs only or with brass tubes. Peg tubes are interchangeable in the board, but cast pegs don't fit inside the wire peg tube, which is smaller.
- Replacement corks (different sizes for wire peg tube and cast peg tube)
MATERIALS: Birch plywood, hand-dyed vegetable-tanned leather, brass hardware, and premium cork closure.
DIMENSIONS/WEIGHTS: When closed, the board measures 2" x 3 7/8" x 3/8" thick (50mm x 98mm x 9mm) and weighs in at 1.2 ounces (35g).
HOW TO PLAY CRIBBAGE:Rules of play are in this handy-dandy printable PDF or read about it in our blog post. The Cribbage Board also works for the games All Fives and Muggins, or other point-counting games.
CARE: When your board arrives, the leather will be a little stiff. It will lay flat as the leather relaxes, which you can speed up by folding and roughhousing the leather (it's tough equestrian leather!). Cleans easily with mild soapy water. Leather care dressing available in our Parts section.